Sunday 7 April 2013

Goodbye

It's probably a fallacy to assume that in life you will always get a goodbye. But all I've ever strived to do, in every aspect of my day to day existence, is to ensure that as I part company from someone I care about, that they will have a pleasant memory of me. It's a completely unfounded fear as you never know when it'll be the last time you see someone, living like that is incredibly morbid or pessimistic. That's just how I roll, even to the extent upon sleeping ensuring the last thing I say out loud is a bid goodnight, so the last thing I've said is with love. Yup, totally morbid, but it's an ongoing habit I've adopted. The bemusing thing is, the last time I see most people, I never know it's the last time, and my last encounter is always not how I imagined it. If I died, I would want my last words to be ... something... That's not life, it never will be. Life moves like an irascible child, furiously pelting towards it's inevitable conclusion, oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment