Thursday 27 June 2013

Puzzling

People are puzzles, once they are solved they are easier to observe as a whole and easier to deal with. Various pieces fall into place immediately upon first impressions, others take a while to discover but make perfect sense, time decays pieces, others reveal themselves at the oddest moments; for the most part I work people out or I give up trying long before they notice my interest. My aim in life is to be an inscrutable puzzle, to not be understood, to be a mystery, to be a lost relic hidden in plain sight, precious but ignored (being noticed is too much effort). So far I am most of the above (ignored), but to be precious would involve being wanted. My much vaunted desire to be wanted is impeded by the fact that I have no idea about how I am perceived, do people see me anything more than a nonentity? Perhaps I'm not even a puzzle, perhaps I'm as dull as dishwater, all my facets of self bobbing around the surface, people see me and notice I am nothing special, just dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment