Wednesday 5 December 2012

Family

Funny thing happened today, well the other day. I lost my purse on a night out on the town five minutes after leaving my flat, takes great skill I know, had to cancel my cards. Had a blaring reminder I once again hadn't paid my rent on time. Rang my sister to send my new card to me as the bank still has my home address. Ended up sobbing about money - she asked me if I was ok, obviously this reduced me to a blubbering mess. Seriously, don't ever ask if I'm ok. She offered to give me money. I shouted at her until she rescinded the offer. It's what family is for, they are there to be a buffer against telling actual people your problems. As a unit my family react to problems by providing advice we ourselves don't take and waxing lyrical about the mystery of life, I wouldn't accept their help if they gave it. I would feel guilty taking from them.  Now I'm out of the house its my responsibility to take care of myself, not their's. Today I was tired from not sleeping and emotional from listening to Bob Dylan... Bad combo. Feel stupid, big surprise. This blog is getting more pointless by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment