Friday 19 October 2012

Vox Celeste

The whole microcastle/weird era cont, combo makes me happy. It's also really good to listen when I've had a peculiar day.

Spent the day at the CAB, the morning was alright, everyone in my face-to-face were just facing debt problems but the afternoon on the phones was heartbreaking. There was a woman who had lost a lot of money due to no fault of her own, dodgy company, and she had to borrow off her grandparents and she felt terrible and cried about it. She was my age and I felt so bad for her. Managed to help her on her way to a small court claim.

Then there was an old woman who's husband had died of a sudden bout of cancer and there were disputes over the will and she was going to lose out on everything because of some greedy so-and-so's, she cried too. It's so hard to maintain any level of composure when people are crying down the phone. I managed to direct her to a solicitor and give her a wealth of information about wills, it didn't seem like enough but I tried with every fibre to give her the most help I could without going against the rules.

I worked at the Samaritans for the briefest of periods but I couldn't handle it, I was 18 and I was hyper-emotional because my sister had... Well there were reasons I ended up breaking down and not being able to continue there. I had mega-flashbacks today. What matters is that I definitely helped both of them and I didn't make things worse.

Then I went for a walk and got lost under a canopy of trees for about an hour, it was relaxing, it helped. There hasn't been a time where I felt so relaxed in a while, just walking, not seeing the cars or the buildings for a little while meant I could have been wherever I wanted, it could have been the park back home. It wasn't but sometimes it's easier to pretend you're anywhere else. Plus there was a load of students playing rugby, thrilling to observe. Good thing was my soundtrack was Deerhunter. Bad thing was I literally got lost and iOS6 maps did not assist me as well as I'd have liked. Luckily with my keen sense of direction and determination I found my way back. Stood at Millenium Square with a big gaping grin of relief and delight, no one walking past knew what was wrong with me. Why am I telling you this? Because I'm still chuffed I found my way back to my apartment without completely losing myself. Plus I didn't cry. Major improvement. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment