Thursday 8 November 2012

Trauma

So, went to get my implant removed, too much information I know. Shouldn't have watched as the local anaesthetic was administered via big scary needle. Definitely shouldn't have observed as the incision was made in my arm with the sharp scalpel. Most certainly shouldn't have watched as the doctor grappled with the extremely slim piece of plastic in my arm and tried to remove it with forceps. The doctor became quite agitated as she couldn't seem to get a grip of it, watched the whole process for twenty minutes as she tried to manoeuvre and squeeze and force the sliver of plastic from the hole in my arm which was pumping blood onto the gauze around it. Couldn't take my eyes off it... I really should have, don't know how this will traumatise me. Perhaps I should have a good stiff drink. Or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment