Tuesday 6 November 2012

Today at the Bureau

Taken to calling British citizens 'Britizens' in my head, feel incredibly witty.

Constantly singing 'i before e, except after c' when writing up reports. Writing 'received' or 'did not receive' about 100 times in one day.

Find it extremely awkward when I imagine the person on other end of the phone is extremely attractive. Become bashful. People who blatantly use 'phone voices' entertain me, my phone voice is like an air hostess just without the nasally overtones, at least that's what I think I sound like.

When a big brand company goes into administration expect a lot of phone calls from people wanting money back for faulty goods... *ahem* Comet... Shame it's highly unlikely. If a company goes into administration they first have to pay their debts to the banks and then they go about paying the money they owe people, but as these are not priority debts it's unlikely they'll have the money to do so, otherwise they probably wouldn't have been declared bankrupt and be shutting down. Shame too... There are ways to make claims though, depends on a bunch of factors but that's the gist of it.

A client became very angry and started threatening to steal my telephone which was plugged into the wall, gave it a good yank, blamed my laws for ruining his life, really shouting. My response: getting high pitched and weepy, highly professional, went and grabbed supervisor. My people skills are terrible, it's probably better than shouting back I reasoned. Client realises he behaved inappropriately, didn't apologise, just became very quiet when I gave him an appointment and supervisor had reprimanded him for shouting at me. She told me they wouldn't dare yell at someone who was mature and looked stronger, they just shout at me because they know I'm weak. Maybe I need a buzzcut and tattoos? He did quail terror at her, she is quite intimidating... Surprisingly his problem was a company failing to pay him back for a faulty item after going into liquidation - not Comet. He was so angry.

Thought it incredibly sweet when someone told me their name was Potter, like Harry, *wink*. I am far too easy...

A woman wants to annul marriage because she believes her husband only married her to get a visa. Believes she has grounds as it wasn't consummated, repeated this several times. Went through all the avenues gave her a list of solicitors. At the end of the phone-call she told me she might leave it a year and try and divorce him. My instinct was to ask if she was going to try and consummate the marriage... Felt cruel, said nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment